Member Responsibilities & Expectations
As an ARC member, you will have the chance to increase the visibility of Richmond in your hometown while playing a vital role in local students' college search processes.
The Office of Admission expects that ARC members:
- Serve as local University of Richmond resources to interested prospective students and their families
- Attend local college fairs or programs as requested, when available
- Evaluate college fairs and programs attended, providing feedback to the Office of Admission
- Provide admitted students with information that will help them decide whether or not to enroll at the University of Richmond
- Build relationships with prospective students and serve as another resource for students interested in the University of Richmond
- Identify other programs, events, and opportunities where the University of Richmond's name recognition could potentially be increased through alumni or admission officer participation
- Notify the Office of Admission when address or contact information changes
Your perspective and insight as a Richmond graduate are valuable parts of the application process, and the interactions you have with prospective students are essential to the recruitment efforts of the Office of Admission. In many cases, your interaction with a student at a college fair or through an informational interview may be that student's only connection to Richmond.
Please keep in mind that admission decisions are made by members of the Office of Admission. Alumni Recruitment Committee (ARC) members are not a part of the applicant selection process or admission committee; however, ARC members are asked to assist in the recruitment and yield of the first-year class through various volunteer opportunities.