- Planning Your Senior Year Schedule
This one’s for you, juniors.
- Finding a [new] Home at Richmond
As the National Candidate Reply Date of May 1 creeps closer, we know that a good number of you are still searching for that one final reason why you should choose Richmond. Here in the Office of Admission, there’s not much more we can say or do to convince you why UR is distinct; you’ve heard the facts and the figures, had time to mull over the statistics and the stories. So for those of you still on the fence, we thought it would be helpful for you to hear from a campus resource you’d be hard-pressed to find at any other school in the nation: The Office of Common Ground. The University of Richmond's Office of Common Ground supports the school's priorities of diversity and inclusion by providing campus-wide resources and programs that foster community across lines of difference. In celebration of the most talented and diverse class in our University’s history, it's my pleasure to introduce a special note to the Class of 2019 from guest blogger, Ted Lewis, Associate Director for LGBTQ Campus Life in the Office of Common Ground.
- UR Defined (2019 Edition)
A brief primer in University of Richmond student lingo, for new members of the Class of 2019.
- 19 Things You Could Do with $4,000 from Richmond
This year, in honor of the Class of '19 – and in honor of the new Richmond Guarantee, which guarantees every undergraduate student summer funding of up to $4,000 for a summer internship or research project – we decided to share with you...
- What Does Spider Spirit Mean to You?
Congratulations and a warm welcome to the future Class of 2019! Now that admission decisions are released, the big choice of where to attend college is looming in the near distance. To help you get a feel for why our students love Richmond, we thought it would be fun to ask our Spider Diarists about their favorite aspects of campus life. Here’s what they have to say:
- Meet the 2015 Admission Committee
What do you think of when you hear the words “admission committee?”
- One Richmond, One Love: How UR Loves Its Students
It’s almost Valentine’s Day! In our neck of the woods, that means one thing: delicious D-Hall desserts.
- The Excitement of Uncertainty in the College Search
If I had to choose two emotions to describe students at the start of their college search, I would pick “excitement” and “uncertainty.” The appeal of the first is apparent. With thousands of colleges and universities vying for your attention, the journey to discover your ideal college home is one of endless possibility. Yes, excitement is the easy part. But it is the latter word – uncertainty – which I find most compelling. In recent years, uncertainty in the college search process has gained a negative connotation of “directionless” and “lost.” In the famous words of J.R.R. Tolkien, “Not all those who wander are lost.” Often, the best outcomes come from those who keep an open mind.
- For Those on the Fence
Some of you are still making final decisions about where to apply, how to round out your college list, whether to add one more reach school… and whether to finish your application to Richmond. It's to you – those on the fence – that I direct this blog post.
- Richmond Scholars: Next Steps
For all students who applied by December 1, consideration for our full-tuition Richmond Scholars program is automatic. This year, we received about 5,500 applications by the deadline. We get a lot of questions about the Richmond Scholars process, so I’m going to try to answer the most common ones here. If you have further questions, feel free to post a comment here or give our office a call.
UR Admission Twitter
- Students from all over enrolling this week! Kicking it into high gear with May 1 only a week away. http://t.co/mAI5o5tTok #richmond2019
- Some campus lingo tips and definitions for #Richmond2019, courtesy of the Admission Blog: http://t.co/87U8qTnHlX
- One week left to make your college choice. (#Richmond2019 is the right choice.)
- In case you missed it: "19 Things You Could Do With $4,000 from Richmond" http://t.co/45ouLIgyET #richmond2019
- New Admission Blog post! "UR Defined (2019 Edition)" http://t.co/X7lcQC62CN #richmond2019
- Excited for #Richmond2019 but don't know much about our namesake city? We've got you covered: http://t.co/bo66Z1bKOE
- YES. #goodchoice #rightdecision #richmond2019 #spidersarecreepierthandeacons RT @maxhaar_14: University of Richmond Class of 2019
- This MT does not count toward WF! "@maxhaar_14: Letting Twitter decide what college to attend. Rt for Wake Forest, Fav for UR" #richmond2019
- Welcome to the web!! RT @LeaahhM: University of Richmond Class of 2019!!!!!❤️💙 #spiders #richmond2019
- The #Richmond2019 Tagboard does a great job of recapping Saturday's Experience Richmond. Welcome new Spiders!! http://t.co/dawXhaTITP
- The selfie station is now open on the Forum! Don't forget to post and tag your pics! #richmond2019 http://t.co/V3VX8iFIlw
- It's a beautiful day, and Admission staff are excited for Experience Richmond! #richmond2019 http://t.co/4JCkdTjlXH
- Special plug for the City of Richmond bus tour today... get a preview of your new home-away-from-home, RVA!! #awesomecity #richmond2019
- Experience Richmond visitors: don't forget to share/hashtag your pics so they show up on the Tagboard! http://t.co/RijNwwHjGr #richmond2019
- Getting ready for Experience Richmond! #richmond2019 http://t.co/66VBd2wOtq
- Experience Richmond registration now open... the start of a really awesome day!! #richmond2019
- Who's excited about Experience Richmond tomorrow? Our biggest open house day of the year! #richmond2019
- Another #richmond2019 Google Map update today... lots of enrolls from CA, FL, and the Midwest this week... http://t.co/MkAjEDRGVB
- Experience Richmond coming up on Saturday, and the selfie station will make two appearances... #richmond2019 http://t.co/M6VG3c38Ws
Summer Visit Opportunities
Campus visits are available to all prospective students on most weekdays throughout the summer. Informational interviews are also available to rising high school seniors beginning in June.
The next Preview Richmond open house will take place on Friday, August 28; registration will open in early July.
For High School Juniors and Sophomores...
Discover why Richmond should be on your college list. Learn the basics with Facts and Rankings, explore our unique list of majors, and always visit our homepage to see what's going on and keep up with campus life.
If you want to receive our emails, print information, or hear from your regional admission counselor, be sure to join our contact list.
Join Our Contact List
Stay in touch with us throughout your college search. In addition to receiving some general information and important admission announcements throughout the year, you'll also hear from your regional admission counselor.
A Spider's Guide to RVA
A Spider's Guide to RVA
First-Year Move-in Day 2014
New students, parents, and orientation staff pause in the midst of unpacking to share their thoughts and reflections on first-year move-in day at Richmond.
University of Richmond Class of 2014 Graduation Day
Graduates from the Class of 2014 share their plans for the future and reflect on their time at the University of Richmond.
Student Blogs: Spider Diaries
Keepin' you up to date with the latest, hippest spider-slang that all the kids are using these days.
An inside look on what you might overhear at D-Hall.
Willy Wonka, Greg Brady, and the best meal I've had in a long time.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the Ultimate Frisbee season, and it is now over.
Pretty as a magnolia in May and chockfull of happiness, history, and absurdly green, soft lawns.