Transfer Application Materials

Each applicant will receive an email containing instructions on how to access their Spider Portal account within a week of applying to Richmond. Applicants should regularly login to confirm the completeness of their application. Select application materials may be self-reported through Spider Portal. Please refer to the “How to Submit” section, located in the description for each required application document.

Expand All
  • Application


    Application Plan Application Deadline Approximate Notification Date

    Fall Enrollment

    March 1 April 15

    Spring Enrollment

    November 1 December 5
  • Official Transcript(s)
    • Final High School Transcript or equivalent
    • College Transcripts, including any and all institutions you have attended full-time, part-time, or as a degree seeking student since graduating high school

    How to submit: Transcripts must be received directly from the institution and can be submitted through an electronic transcript service, by email, or mail. Transcripts submitted from the student will be considered unofficial. For applicants submitting a high school equivalency exam, please review our minimum requirements for transfer admission. If these are not met on your college transcript, please submit your most recent high school transcript along with your equivalency results.

  • College Report Form

    If you are using the University of Richmond’s Institutional Transfer Application, you can submit either the Common Application Transfer College Report or Coalition Application Transfer Report Form for any college or university where enrollment was full-time (12 or more semester hours). A college official who has access to your academic and disciplinary records should complete this form, typically a Dean of Students Office or equivalent.

    How to submit: The College Report Form may be submitted by the applicant or the institution via email or mail.

  • College Recommendation Letter

    Letter of recommendation from an academic source (professor, academic dean, academic advisor, etc.) at the college level; additional recommendations will be reviewed with the application but, given the volume received each year, cannot be tracked or acknowledged individually.

    How to submit: Applicants may assign a recommender through the Common Application or Coalition Application or recommenders may email or mail letters to the Office of Admission.

  • List of Current Courses

    If not included on your official transcript, be sure to list your current classes in your application or on a separate document to be submitted with your application.

    How to submit: Applicants may upload a Word or PDF document through the Spider Portal.

  • Course Descriptions

    Provide a description of each class you have taken and which you are currently enrolled. You may copy the description directly from the online course catalogue and paste them into one Word or PDF document. Please only provide descriptions of classes you have completed or are in progress. Full online course catalogues and syllabi will not be accepted.

    How to submit: Applicants may upload a Word or PDF document through the Spider Portal.

  • Gap of Enrollment Explanation (if applicable)

    If you have experienced a gap in college enrollment since graduating high school, please provide a thorough explanation through the application or additional statement of why you were not enrolled during that time and what you were doing.

    How to submit: Applicants may discuss a gap in enrollment in the body of the application or may upload a Word or PDF document through the Spider Portal.

  • Optional Credentials
    • Midterm Report upon request. Should the transfer admission committee need additional academic information, we will contact you directly to provide a midterm report.
    • Standardized Test Scores. While SAT and ACT test results are not required of transfer applicants, applicants who have completed less than one year of college course work are encouraged to self-report test scores on their application
    • AP/IB/Dual Enrollment results are recommended if applicants are concerned with meeting the minimum credit requirement to be eligible to transfer.
  • Non-U.S. citizens or Non-permanent residents

    Richmond is need-aware when reviewing admission applications from non-U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Transfer applicants are not eligible for merit-based scholarships. Need-based financial aid is limited for non-US citizens, however, and the need-aware admission process is highly competitive. That said, the University meets 100% of demonstrated need (as demonstrated by the College Board’s CSS Profile) for all admitted students, regardless of citizenship. Applicants will need to provide a complete University of Richmond Certification of Financial Responsibility.

    English Proficiency